Discuss Fluorescent vs LED ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm pricing a job for a customer who wants a fluorescent in his garage, but has asked for a price for an equivalent LED fitting. Denmans do a 5 foot LED for about 85 quid, but I'm wondering what the light output is like compared to an equivalent fluorescent.
I've not used one of these yet, so hoped you folks could enlighten me :)

Cheers

Comparing the stated lumen outputs of the fittings you are pricing for will give you a good idea.... Although take them with a slight pinch of salt.

Hi guys,
I'm pricing a job for a customer who wants a fluorescent in his garage, but has asked for a price for an equivalent LED fitting. Denmans do a 5 foot LED for about 85 quid, but I'm wondering what the light output is like compared to an equivalent fluorescent.

In a garage? I mean, he who pays the piper n'all that, but why? Payback period in reduced energy consumption must be decades unless he's planning to live in the garage.

Fluorescent is cheaper to buy and still energy efficient and reduces shadows. LED is far more energy efficient, but more expensive. LED is more controllable but does give off more shadows. On the while, in a garage your pay back on LED would be far far greater then fluorescent. There's a lot of crap LED chips out there, so play safe and stock to fluorescent.

Hi guys,

Cheers
My god why? it is a garage not a show house, A 5ft T5 twin will light it up like a christmas tree and last years.

Reply to Fluorescent vs LED ?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net