Discuss Fluresent Light intermintent in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Good day ladies and gentlemen I need some help with lighting issue. Am the maintenance person working in a school in london . One of the class have 5 fluorescent lights but one of them behaves strange . The four light works perfect but the fifth one is intermintent. It comes on work for a while then goes off again . There are no starter on the light so it's not the starter that only let me to believe it's might be the ballast that is the problem ? The bulb is fine . Any ideas as to what can be wrong or how to solve this ? We are thinking of replacing the fluorescent with Led light but can't seem to find None shunted tombstone. Anyone knows where to get them ? Please help

If there isn't a starter, it's likely to be an electronic ballast which could be on it's way out. Depending on age, these might be readily available.

It could also be a poor connection either on the tube sockets or the wires connecting them to the ballast. Alot of these are pushfit and I know from first hand experience they aren't always pushed fully home leaving the wire kind of floating around.

It's gotta be a starter tube as it would stay off if it was HF. Try a new starter.

Reply to Fluresent Light intermintent in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock