Discuss fly by night cowboy or sparky??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

crabapple

ive got my 16th, 17th, 2391, my ecs exam
i am Fully Approved Napit registered.
ive 8 yrs on tools
worked with 2 firms in one did periodics and remedials most of the time.

also a sparky who did strictly commercials
a sparky who worked with strictly new builds

i havnt a jib card
didnt do a formal apprnticeship
dont have a L2, L3 or an NVQ

(i plan on going back to college this yr to do my L2/L3 whichever i get on, i dont feel on the paper front that i am the finished article)

but id like a consensus opinion on what type a sparks i am at the moment

fly by night cowboy or sparky??? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

You may very well be a competent and able electrician, but unfortunately the JIB will not recognize you as a gold card electrician without a recognized apprenticeship or the equivalent NVQ/AM2 or whatever the flavour of the month is this year.

I think your doing the right thing going back and getting what you need to get that gold card, if that is what you want

You appear to be less than appreciative of all that you have achieved thus far

JIB card or no JIB card,you have shown classroom standards to go along with years of experience
What part of "electrician" do you think does not seem to apply,you fit my bill

Only a personal opinion but until i'd seen your workmanship i'd have no idea what sort of Spark's you are.

proof's in the pudding so to speak

Yep the JIB seems to be the only constant here if you want their card you need to tick their boxes I am afraid.

I meant to add that the Schemies will badge anything that pays and as I have said before the JIB or in my case the SJIB should be the central agency for badging electricians because right now its just a mess with guys who have all the qualifications but no experience and then there are guys who served their time on domestics and have no clue of 3 phase works

Reply to fly by night cowboy or sparky??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock