Discuss Footwear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Finch

I'm on the lookout for a lightweight comfortable pair of safety boots for every day wear driving etc, got pair cat boots for site but ideally for every day I'd like a pair of trainers, any recommendations?

Thanks

Dewalt apprentice are the lightest boots I know of, (no steel midsole). Once worn in ie sweated soft, they should last a year of almost daily 12hour on your feet.

as above I have had a couple of pairs of the app boots and the 1st were a bugger to break in and gave some real big blisters but now as comfy as trainers on the feet. not too clumsy to drive in either

iv just got a pair of Apprentices as I have "Toxictoes" and need to change my boots to trainers after work n drive home in trainers to 1 give my feet a wee rest and give my boots a break n stop the build up of smells ect

BnQ now stock JCB as a sort of "Own Brand " they have tools work wear ect looks no bad quality either
Big cavernous toolbag with metal protection over the hard plastic bottom looks the buisness the boots look ok but like everyone else they seem to have gone for the "We will sell our boots at £55" same as everyone else for the day to day ranges
wayI look at it my feet are in them 10-16 hrs a day and if im not comfortable in them theres no point damaging my feet for the sake of 4hrs wages is there ? even though I get £50 allowance I choose dearer boots I pay the differance I prefer this rather than him getting me a £20 pair that are useless

Yep i also have dewalt apprentices, they absorb moisture in the sole so you rarely get that horrific clammy boot hours and they breath well in hot weather, and once the leather has softend up they are a dream. highly recommend.

But if your after a more trendy style of sfaety shoes, check out this timberland boot, had a pair of these too and they are great...can even get away with wearing these out for a pint or two. always a great shout at a crowded bar to avoid your tootsies getting trampled :D

Timberland 7510 Pro SplitRock Honey Nubuck Safety Boots With Steel Toe Caps

BnQ now stock JCB as a sort of "Own Brand " they have tools work wear ect looks no bad quality either
Big cavernous toolbag with metal protection over the hard plastic bottom looks the buisness the boots look ok but like everyone else they seem to have gone for the "We will sell our boots at £55" same as everyone else for the day to day ranges
wayI look at it my feet are in them 10-16 hrs a day and if im not comfortable in them theres no point damaging my feet for the sake of 4hrs wages is there ? even though I get £50 allowance I choose dearer boots I pay the differance I prefer this rather than him getting me a £20 pair that are useless

Cheers il have a look, we get £30 allowance but I always pay difference if need be like you say for something decent that's comfortable

Reply to Footwear in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net