Discuss For all who’s planning to do the NICEIC. E-Learning 17th edition course be warned. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Markc

-
Reaction score
I’ve just completed the course and online revision test and now can sit the online exam at a Gola centre. The course was £399 which includes the exam so a significant saving for the four days at a local college as I done it at home in the evening. After completing the course there is no information on how to book the exam so I rang around the local centres to book one. They all told me I would have to pay for the exam as they don’t recognise the E-learning course. The price started at £80 and went up to the full course cost of £450!!!!! I rang the NICEIC who told me that it’s not a problem and they will send me a list of centres where I can sit the exam. The list read, London, Manchester, Essex, Derbyshire, Dunstable, Bexley heath, Birmingham, Croydon, Port Talbot, Cheshire, Exeter, Bristol, Grimsby, Basingstoke, York, Cumbria, Blackpool and Aberdeen. GREAT I live in Norwich so my nearest centre is just over two hour drive each way plus two hour for exam meaning a full day unpaid. Rang NIC back again and asked if I could get £80 back from the course to be able to sit the exam locally just to be told No. Now I’m going to pay the additional £80 to do it in Norwich rather than travelling but I think yet again the NICEIC have show their true colours on how they have changed recently in screwing there own members. The course details promotes cost saving by being able to only take two hours out of work to sit the exam. True if you live in one of the places listed but what about the rest. I think its miss leading. I know £80 isn’t going to break the bank but it’s the principal of it. So be warned it may not save you what you think.

Last edited:
Re: For all who’s planning to do the NICEIC. E-Learning 17th edition course be warned

Why not pass your comments on to trading standards and thanks for the feedback

Chris

Re: For all who’s planning to do the NICEIC. E-Learning 17th edition course be warned

If you don't mind me asking. what's the name of the place in Grimsby where you can sit it?

Cheers.

Sorry I didn't keep the email as is wasn't of any use to me. If you contact the NIC training help line they will be ble to give you the information.

After several heated telephone conversations the NICEIC are now sitting the exam in Norwich at a local hotel so I am now able to sit it without havng to lay out more money. I expect its a one off and there may be several other people who have also made the same comments. Thank you NICEIC but may be have this sorted before starting the course next time.

Last edited:

glad they have sorted it for you, just makes you wonder how many more people have been caught by this one, although i am sure you will meet a few on the day of the exam. good luck with it

After several heated telephone conversations the NICEIC are now sitting the exam in Norwich at a local hotel so I am now able to sit it without havng to lay out more money. I expect its a one off and there may be several other people who have also made the same comments. Thank you NICEIC but may be have this sorted before starting the course next time.

Good for you mate shows they were in the wrong in the first place or they would not have given in best of luck for the exam

Chris

I’ve just completed the course and online revision test and now can sit the online exam at a Gola centre. The course was £399 which includes the exam so a significant saving for the four days at a local college as I done it at home in the evening.

You must live in a mad part of the world:)

Up here the course is £240 for ten 3-hour lessons (nightschool) and includes the exam.

Down here in Brizzol at Filton College they're charging £350 for a 3-day course for the training and exam (and IIRC includes a resit).

I’ve just completed the course and online revision test and now can sit the online exam at a Gola centre. The course was £399 which includes the exam so a significant saving for the four days at a local college as I done it at home in the evening. After completing the course there is no information on how to book the exam so I rang around the local centres to book one. They all told me I would have to pay for the exam as they don’t recognise the E-learning course. The price started at £80 and went up to the full course cost of £450!!!!! I rang the NICEIC who told me that it’s not a problem and they will send me a list of centres where I can sit the exam. The list read, London, Manchester, Essex, Derbyshire, Dunstable, Bexley heath, Birmingham, Croydon, Port Talbot, Cheshire, Exeter, Bristol, Grimsby, Basingstoke, York, Cumbria, Blackpool and Aberdeen. GREAT I live in Norwich so my nearest centre is just over two hour drive each way plus two hour for exam meaning a full day unpaid. Rang NIC back again and asked if I could get £80 back from the course to be able to sit the exam locally just to be told No. Now I’m going to pay the additional £80 to do it in Norwich rather than travelling but I think yet again the NICEIC have show their true colours on how they have changed recently in screwing there own members. The course details promotes cost saving by being able to only take two hours out of work to sit the exam. True if you live in one of the places listed but what about the rest. I think its miss leading. I know £80 isn’t going to break the bank but it’s the principal of it. So be warned it may not save you what you think.

mate just some more info, they sit bs7671 17th edition wiring regs at norwich city college obviously it costs the standard £80 and they sit 3 or 4 times a year, just in case this helps, if no good they do it at otley college, ipswich just down the road lol

Cheers

Hello.

Anyone know best NICEIC courses in Putney area (London)?

Regards,
Tomasz

Reply to For all who’s planning to do the NICEIC. E-Learning 17th edition course be warned. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net