Discuss For newbies and trainees!!!!!!!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Yesterday I got an email from a friend of a friend asking me to come and look at a faulty shower isolator switch, so I duely popped in on my way home.

This is what I saw when I removed the switch from the wall:

Shower Isolater.jpg

Obviously before I took it off the wall I went to look at their shiney new CU (which had been installed as part of building works in the summer):

CU.jpg

Hum, I'd like to see the certifcate I said:

Cert edited.jpg

and the schedule:

Cert page list.jpg

So what do you observe??

Well,he is a member of the same club as me,
oh dear
icon9.png

As the Thread newbies and trainees im gona hold any comments. how do people get through their assesments every year, if this is the kind of work and test sheet they show them...

I did observe that there are 9 RCBOs in the CU, but only 7 listed in the test report sheet, but that maybe because he has left 2 spare ways, ...very generous of him!! lol!!!

I did observe that there are 9 RCBOs in the CU, but only 7 listed in the test report sheet, but that maybe because he has left 2 spare ways, ...very generous of him!! lol!!!

They are all used, the order on the test schedule is different to the board too and as for the BS number for a RCBO????

They are all used, the order on the test schedule is different to the board too and as for the BS number for a RCBO????

Didn't look that far into it to be honest. Just had a closer look at the RCBOs, he has 3 40A units in there, so what has he missed off?? ...A garage/shed mini CU and what else?? lol!!!

was the shower a new install ?

Whoops, missed the heading. Newbies and trainees.

This is a really good leaner for some. Be good to see them listed from the info provided.

Last edited:
Didn't look that far into it to be honest. Just had a closer look at the RCBOs, he has 3 40A units in there, so what has he missed off?? ...A garage/shed mini CU and what else?? lol!!!

The 40A units are for 10mm cables for 1 x shower, 1 x oven and 1 x megga hob!

You can forgive the odd mistake on the forms BUT not to mark the CU, nor get the right number of circuits on the results sheet as actually fitted in the board.... words fail me.

I'm an Elecsa chap and I do wonder what NAPIT would say if I forwarded them the photos and the sheet??

Something else is amiss then, he has included the cooker as a 32A!! the shower is included at 40A the mega hob 40A .....So somewhere there is a 32A gone astray... lol!!!

I should have taken another photo after I'd worked my way along the breakers and identified the shower, cooker and hob and both the lighting circuits.

I'm going back next month to do another job which means working out what all the 32A breakers do before I start!!

What's more worrying is why all those rcbos and not split load also Wylex board and no Wylex rcbos

Could comment more but agf as far as I'm concernd

Love that; do you think he actually measured anything?
Are the rings really wired in singles?
I hate doing the test sheets but even I could manage a few more basics than that!
Good work on the switch too, must have taken some force.
Also like the figure 8 tests, is that standard on Napit paperwork?

Reply to For newbies and trainees!!!!!!!!! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net