Discuss Forget about Part P... another example in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cymroaur

Should have taken a pic, but didn't. At a local football ground today:

Catering (burger) van, complete with tea urn, microwave, chip fryer, griddle, and above sink hot water tap. No gas in sight, 32A connector on the outside.

Cable ran from the roof of the van to a pole at about 2.3m height, about 3m away but sagged causing people to duck under it (H&S #1), ran down the pole and onwards toward a shed another 3m away, but with a 32A connector / extension on the floor (no warning / matting - H&S #2).

Just inside the shed, the nice shiny 32A cable was terminated to..... a 13A plug! (H&S #3 - is that even legal?)

But wait!

Said 13A plug was plugged into a 20m drum, which in turn was plugged into an outlet... 2m away. Where was the other 18m of cable? Still on the drum (naturally - H&S #4). And the owner seemed annoyed that he had to keep resetting the drum's thermal cut-out!(H&S #5)

Where do you start?

But was the egg runny in the sausage bap? Get the important things sorted first.

Should have taken a pic, but didn't. At a local football ground today:

Catering (burger) van, complete with tea urn, microwave, chip fryer, griddle, and above sink hot water tap. No gas in sight, 32A connector on the outside.

Cable ran from the roof of the van to a pole at about 2.3m height, about 3m away but sagged causing people to duck under it (H&S #1), ran down the pole and onwards toward a shed another 3m away, but with a 32A connector / extension on the floor (no warning / matting - H&S #2).

Just inside the shed, the nice shiny 32A cable was terminated to..... a 13A plug! (H&S #3 - is that even legal?)

But wait!

Said 13A plug was plugged into a 20m drum, which in turn was plugged into an outlet... 2m away. Where was the other 18m of cable? Still on the drum (naturally - H&S #4). And the owner seemed annoyed that he had to keep resetting the drum's thermal cut-out!(H&S #5)

Where do you start?

Check the board the socket is powered from for spare ways/size of Cable coming into it and determine if you'll be able to pull the armored straight out of that on a 32/20a 61009?

Maybe the reference to part P was that this chap used to be an electrician until part P came in and made all C&G qualified electricians not competent and levelled them with Electrical Trainee and DIY'ers unless they join a scam or pay building control money for old rope. So now he works in a burger van where part P doesn't apply?

Reply to Forget about Part P... another example in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net