Discuss Form filling for upgraded DB in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

Newman

Hi Everyone, I need some advice please. I am going to upgrade a distribution board in a domestic property. I've read the Best Practice Guide of ESC. I assume after completion I have to fill EIC and schedule of test results but I'm confused about the schedule for inspection - for new installation work only - because I'm not doing any additional circuit so do I need to fill the schedule of inspections? If yes, what do I fill under items cables and conductors, ie routing of cables in prescribed zones - shall I put n/a. your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone, I need some advice please. I am going to upgrade a distribution board in a domestic property. I've read the Best Practice Guide of ESC. I assume after completion I have to fill EIC and schedule of test results but I'm confused about the schedule for inspection - for new installation work only - because I'm not doing any additional circuit so do I need to fill the schedule of inspections? If yes, what do I fill under items cables and conductors, ie routing of cables in prescribed zones - shall I put n/a. your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Yes its EIC for a CU change

its about 15 years old wiring I guess and its hard to guess cable runs. customer wants to change db only if no circuit is faulty

yes I would do some test ie IR etc but I m not sure which schedule of inspection should I fill because I m new in inspection testing process. I want to make sure I m doing right things

Last edited by a moderator:
why does a householder decides to change their consumer unit. If they were having a require it would be done as part of that but what i dont get is what makes them decide to change it

yes I would do some test ie IR etc but I m not sure which schedule of inspection should I fill because I m new in inspection testing process. I want to make sure I m doing right things
You would need to complete the full schedule of test results for all the circuits because you need to be sure they are safe to reconnect, for inspections if there is something that you cannot verify such as cable runs then put not checked (N/C) or UTV, unable to verify.

it is an EIC to fill out but there is a box on page 1 asking if it is an
1 an addition
2 an alteration
3 new installation

as it is an aletration you can limit the for yto what you have done in tthe "extent of work carried out box"

put in wording along the lines of

Uprage customers distribution Board and test as far as possible all existing circuit in Installation.
No alterations made to existing installation and no ispaections of cable roustes or containment methods conceled in walls or roof spaces.

you will have to verify bonding aas always and install if requiered.

If it is the model form ( schedule of inspections) you are using it only has n/a or tick, you can only tick things you have installed to do with new db and n/a the items that you have not

Reply to Form filling for upgraded DB in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net