Discuss form filling in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

BristolSpark

Hi

I am farely new to form filling so forgive me. I have split the incoming supply in the house so now it feeds to the original CU and a supply now goes to a main switch BS 60947 and rccb enclosed in a unit. This now supplys out to a garage enclosure, which feeds lights and sockets.

Is it best to complete a certificate for the out going supply from the house. which is only a main switch and rccb

Then complete a cert for the supply in the garage. which would be RCCB and two out going mcb's

I upgraded the house to 16mm. there is 10mm t&e feeding out to a box on the wall, where 10mm swa runs around the garden to the garage so its all earthed from a - b and I have the braiding eartherd on the swa too.

So you would not recommend the two certs then. Just the one for the garage only.

If you have split the supply after the cutout fuse and before the main CU main switch (Henly block fashion) then you need to include a switch fuse within 3 metres of the cutout fuse, and at a rating below which a 10mm cable will handle after taking any derating factors into consideration. Certs are the least of your problems, or have i read it all wrong?

Cheers...........Howard.

One EIC with two schedules of test results; one for the distribution circuit and one for the garage board. I can see this becoming a Friday evening popcorn thread, given the apparent lack of overcurrent protection to the distribution circuit and the two RCDs in series.

either a switch fuse or fit a 50A MCB next to that 60947-3 and 61008 to protect the 10mm. don't fit another RCD in the garage.

Reply to form filling in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net