Discuss Forum and industry newbie in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

mob.MCR

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Afternoon,

Well I have been working in the hospitality industry for about 10 years, and although it was fun it has now run its course. So I have been looking at getting into the electrical trade for a little while and have finally taken the leap.

I have decided to take the C&G 2365 Level 2 & 3 diploma course, thoughts on this? It seemed after a bit of reading and research the best route for someone of my age (29) although I read the apprentice route is the best way to go to get fully qualified as you can build a portfolio as you go and learn, all the places in my area were looking for under 21's. Plus financially it would have been tight. So if anyone has any pointers or tips, I'm all ears.

Are there any reading materials that anyone can recommend for me to read to get a little head start? I mean I did physics at GCSE, so I have a very basic understanding on circuits and basic science but need to brush up a little before I start in a month.

Thanks!

the course you mention is the way forward. during it, try and get some practical experience working with a local sparks, or as a mate with agency. then go on to nvq3 and am2.

Get ya self on YouTube mate, John ward and Chris kitcher do some brilliant videos explaining stuff in an easy to understand format,

the course you mention is the way forward. during it, try and get some practical experience working with a local sparks, or as a mate with agency. then go on to nvq3 and am2.

In order to do this should I apply for an ECS Trainee card when I start my course through the training centre?

Reply to Forum and industry newbie in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock