Discuss Forum post problem in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The 1st post of every thread starts with this text...

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here: American Electrical Advice Forum

Apart from being wrong and grammatically incorrect, Shouldn't this be some sort of banner or something above the forum?
Surely it should not be mixed in with original post on every single thread?

Forum post problem snap1.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Forum post problem Snap2.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

It might start with every 1st thread post that you see, but not for me.
It will probably stop after a few posts by yourself.

Someone in the know will be along to explain why.

Strangely it is no longer doing it
It was (for me) in the 1st post of this thread but now it isn't and I haven't posted or done anything since

There are all sorts of things in the forum, I suspect Dan added it when he created the American section just as a pointer to highlight the fact that you may not be posting in the right area if you're from the USA.

just as a pointer to highlight the fact that you may not be posting in the right area if you're from the USA.

But it says "The American Electrical Advice Forum" so it does the opposite to what your suggesting

Main forum page has a banner with "Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net The International Electrical Advice Forum for Electricians Talk"
which is how it should be not mixed in with someones post

So if it says "American" and if I was American then I would assume I was in the correct section and post anyway

Not having a go at anyone, just wanted to highlight the fact that its obviously not being displayed correctly and very ambiguous for members which I'm guessing is the opposite of its purpose

AI dishing out adverts when Dan isn't about.
(life is always more complicated when you go global)
...Or it has a sense of humour
"My real name begins with the 13 letter of the alphabet !"
Thanks for sharing our new Trump status !

It's not for me... like I said, there are lots of rules that govern content... the staff don't have access to these and none of us would pretend to know what they all are.

It could be because you have a low post count, it could be the forum you're looking at.

Don't worry about it.

It was in this thread earlier, then it wasn't, without doing anything and now it's back again so doubtful its to do with post count and when its there its in every forum topic

Tried ignoring but it gets really annoying when I have read it a LOT because it's the 1st text in every post :mad:

Just noticed... it could be the fact you're country is coming up as France currently. That may be the trigger for these additional messages. If the system doesn't recognise your IP address as a UK address, you'll be redirected to a country appropriate section maybe.

I do use a VPN but always set to GB to get the best speeds but I guess it's a possibility that it changed servers if busy :cool:

No, they are gone, so I think your right, thanks :D

I still think the message needs to be clearer and in a different place though, not change the content of someones post

I’ve not seen anything odd and I’m out of the UK.

That’s maybe why ? I do get loads of ads when I’m out of the UK though.

Intentional dislike or fat fingers on a small screen? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Forum post problem in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock