Discuss Fountain pump electrics! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi again,
Callout to a fountain in a very large property which the we can do it all foreign gardener types have tried to unsuccessfully change out a draper pump for it, picture cast lion heads spitting water out x 6!

They said they couldn't get it running and showed me the little plug and socket thing they bought for it as cef told them it was water resistant but on looking it seems only splash proof or water resistant for 30 mins! they have I expect had it submerged in the fountain around a foot deep overall and it is fed in on white 1.5mm 6242Y T&E cable! the entry to plug and socket is stuffing glands. They say it worked around a week then someone saw smoke coming out the coupler between the plug / skt assembly and it keeps tripping the mcb! I have had a look separated the plug and it still trips the 6A mcb although there are many issues now uncovered on the property with electrics. I don't know why the pump has been fed outside in the base full of water with twin and cpc but I advised them this is not right and still on an mcb type b not great either! I take it fountains and pumps like this would usually be wired to / jointed before going anywhere near the fountain and water itself?

Thinking of giving it a wide berth to be honest!

waas just aboutto dive in the pool to cool off. now i'm checking all the electrical connections.

Makes you wonder what other bits of electrical bodgery are around the place as well.

Makes you wonder what other bits of electrical bodgery are around the place as well.
Funny you ask DPG as although some of it looks as though it was fitted out initially well, it at a glance looks like it's been not tested or worked on correctly since pre 89 and loads of it are running ponds, fountains, swim pools, stables, Koi ponds and breeding lagoons too!! The guy who had the place used to own serious race horses so had cash but new owner seems a right aggro chap! Hence not sure I will want to work with him. 25 yrs Thai Boxing I have a low tolerance for the arrogant, angry rude custards!

Reply to Fountain pump electrics! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net