Discuss Four installs carried out concurrently - DNO issues. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have a job to carry out locally where four immediate neighbours are looking at having a 4kWp system each installed on their house. Obviously, if we carried these installs out at different times then we wouldn't need to speak to the DNO. However, we are keen at carrying out the installs at the same time as this is far more cost effective. This will, of course, require DNO permission.

My question is, should the DNO refuse the connections, would this affect us moving forward and carrying out the installs seperately?

I have a pretty good relationship with our DNO so I'll give them a call later and see what they say. It'd be interesting to hear other members views on this beforehand though.

Stop bragging about 4 jobs next to each other! We've got a similar potential issue with 2 ground mounts later in the year. I can't see how they can be rejected. We've been installing in a small estate where 2/3's of houses have had solar installed in the last 12 months.

Coincidentally our 3 were installed about a couple of months apart but the previous installations all by different installers were done within a really short space of time and there wouldn't have been any requirement for G83/2 as all installers were different - can't see how it can be refused when this must be happening very regularly further South

We have had a G83/2 application rejected when we were fitting in a rural area as we had installed first system 3 months earlier then wanted to install 2no more systems on either side of the original install. Approx £5k for a transformer upgrade to fit 2no extra 3.68kw systems.

We have also been told in a an estate where we have installed 10no jobs in quick succession that the transformer wont be able to take much more PV, still got 2no applications for connection in the system for this estate though so we will see if they get passed.

We're rual and we've been told 2/3 months apart and they aren't bothered. It would be useful if there was some consistency although I'm not complaining because our DNO is spot on.

Reply to Four installs carried out concurrently - DNO issues. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock