Discuss Free C&G 2365 Lvl 2&3 course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MJJ

Hi

I am looking to retrain as an electrician and have been looking high and low for courses in the north that do the G&G 2365 level 2&3. I have found a company called GTEC in Hawes, N Yorkshire who do a 16 week course and it is free (government funded)! The person who I have been in contact with is Lucy Rawlins and I am sure that she would be more than happy to speak to anyone interested in doing the course I can give you her email if you need. At the moment I am the only person to have shown interest in the course and they need 8 to make it run so if you know anyone who is interested??

I would be traveling from Leeds so if there is anyone else coming from that area car sharing might be an option.

Thanks
Matt

Can you give more details of the admissions criteria you must meet to qualify for this 'free' course.

Please excuse me being suspicious but if this is some kind of spam advertising I'm not gonna be happy. I just find it hard to believe they're having any difficulty filling 8 free places.

That's what I thought and when I asked if you needed to be on benefits they said no. You are best getting in touch and finding out, look at the website, there is a telephone number and you can ask to speak to Lucy. Let me know if you find out anything different.

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to be checking it personally, they're not very local to me but I'm sure some of the members here might be interested if it's legitimate.

Lets hope it is free.. Otherwise you going to have some seriously hacked off members

Sounds too good to be true IMO.. For a private training company to get 6k funding sounds.. Fishy

No offense MJJ, I guess time will tell. If anyone else gets any info about this it would be great to get feedback on this thread to confirm.

Very fishy.

Also my understanding is that 2365 is replacing 2330...

Have they watered down the course or something? Noway all that knowledge from level 2 and level 3 is sinking in within 16weeks, even if stephen hawking takes it.

Thanks for the info. I'm not going to be checking it personally,
they're not very local to me
but I'm sure some of the members here might be interested if it's legitimate.

come on marvo, the lad wants to car share. give that old banger in your avatar a service, and pick the lad up - it's only 6000 miles.

I'll be hacked off if it is a scam, just thought this would be the best place to get numbers if it is free. On the website it says it is and this is the reply I got after asking the question:
Dear Matt

Following our telephone call on Friday, I can confirm that you can get full funding as an adult learner for this qualification.

However, the bad news is that at present we have no candidates interested at this stage, so I think it would be worth looking at other providers. Should this change, I will of course let you know.

Kind regards
Lucy Rawlins

haven't you got any mates that'd be interested? i bet i could step outside my house right now and have 8 people willing to sign up, within 5 minutes.

sounds to me like you're being flanneled.

Agreed...if they're promising this course, then you could literally walk into a super-market or drag anyone off the streets thats willing to take it.

MJJ theres something not right...even the course length for what they're offering too me doesn't add up. But, if they're offering it for free and you don't give any card details to anyone then who am i to say anything. If they get people, suppose you can always go and see aslong as you don't part with any cash.

They say you can get full funding, not that you will...guaranteed if it went through, they'd come up with some rubbish "oh we've checked our records, and you may actually have to pay a small fee" yadda yadda yadda.

Becareful MJJ, thats all i can say.

I think if the E-mail they have sent is genuine then there fobbing you off. Be interesting if someone from the forum contacts them tomorrow and asks if there have spaces @ 6k or alternitavly find out what the entry criteria is and 18 people contact them..

If they are fobbing you off then they have picket the wrong person as posting it on a forum could put a spanner in there works..

Would be good if someone does contact them tomorrow. I thought the location might have put some people off as it is up in the Dales and if it is only advertising in the local area then there may not be that many people to attract?

No they wouldn't be many people to attract - but why would the government fund a project that costs thousands in the dales?

I don't understand at all - i can't see why they'd make up some story like this, when theres no financial gain - its literally pointless, it's not like they can even con you because they haven't got access to your money, so maybe we're all wrong and it is legit, it just doesn't make sense at all.

I would say give it a go but make sure you read all the small print and don't jump into signing anything unless you're absolutely sure it's legitimate.

Just remember, if, one dark night, you saw a dirty maroon coloured van up the street with 'free candy' sprayed on the side of it would you allow your toddlers to go and investigate :)

Good luck but be careful.

Thought I'd bump this. If anyone actually got more info about this course I'd be interested to know if it's as good as it sounds.

This looks to good to be true

but i did google the firm and got a website

and emailed the lady in question and had a very polite positive response ..

in short they seem to require a class of willing pupils in sept 2013 to do 16 weeks fulltime and she says its free !!

Thanks for the info, I'm sure they're not going to have a problem getting a class of willing pupils for a free 16 week course unless maybe their classroom seats more than half a million pupils ;)

Just out of interest did they ask you for any kind of admin fee or any kind of personal details. Forgive my cynicism but I'm still in the 'too good to be true' camp at the moment.

Reply to Free C&G 2365 Lvl 2&3 course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock