Discuss FREE Calibration 20 thnigies bugger in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

think it'sfree for 1 meter. for a 2nd meter there's a charge, but only a small one. my mft is not due till July, so I'm taking my megger cont./IR tester and my 1980's AVO 8.

Excuse my ignorance but how are they going to do that when calibration should be carried out in an environment with a controlled ambient temperature and humidity?
Site calibration is dodgy at best and feeds off the desperate and impatient.
Unless Yesss are going to set up a restricted, controlled area then I'd steer clear of believing that calibration to be completely accurate.
This is my business, my reputation and my customers lives.
I'll send my equipment off to a reputable calibration company for the 3 - 5 days it takes (usually 3) and pay the £70. It's cheaper than the potential alternative disaster.

Excuse my ignorance but how are they going to do that when calibration should be carried out in an environment with a controlled ambient temperature and humidity?
Site calibration is dodgy at best and feeds off the desperate and impatient.
Unless Yesss are going to set up a restricted, controlled area then I'd steer clear of believing that calibration to be completely accurate.
This is my business, my reputation and my customers lives.
I'll send my equipment off to a reputable calibration company for the 3 - 5 days it takes (usually 3) and pay the £70. It's cheaper than the potential alternative disaster.
sorry, but that's a load of bollox. get your mft calibrated in your controlled temperature ( 20 deg. C? and 40% humidirty) and then take it to a job after it's been in your garage/workshop @ 5 deg.C to the job where it's 10 deg.C. with humidity @ 80%. how's that affect the readings?

Hahahah! I really didn't expect any other less arrogant responses. Despite the guidance offered to us everyone know's better so it seems.
Whatever happened to "You get what you pay for" ?
Good luck with your calibration and please don't turn this into a hate thread. ;)

no arrogance or hate there. i just mean that what's the point of having a meter calibrated in laboratory conditions when it's rarely used in similar conditions.

reminds me of when i was first employed after apprenticeship. one of the office girls ( about 24 and very fit ) was a bit pi$$ed off with the shop floor workers wolf whistling her every day. one day , as she was getting the whistles, she lifted up her top, wiggled her ----, and said " want some, lads? you can't afford me on your wages".
she never got whistled at again.

I got mine done last year at yes in southport, they just have a local company pick them up take them to their place and bring them back tested... all for free with a little side of hard selling from yes.
oh and they have a free bbq on the go :)

just been. free pie and would have been a free coffee but the machine is broke. got my 1980 AVO 8 calibrated. it's spot on on all ranges. beat that you digital wimp testers.:p

Reply to FREE Calibration 20 thnigies bugger in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock