Discuss From NIC AC to Napit...............anyone else made the move? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im considering changing over this year, mainly due to how much im being charged combined with a change in my own circumstances, has anyone else done the same? How did it work out?

also people who are napit registered how do they find them generally, do they have problems with people not recognising them over the NIC?

i dont think i will be taking on any more major commercial work in the near future, but still undertake a fair amount of eicrs domestic and commercial

Napit are generally more personalised, you can talk to the top man without much hinderance from those below. Also Napit are keen on obtaining a balance between the Nic rules ok carp and equality for its members against the Nic only brigade.
Its certainly cheaper than the Nic, and is legally bound to provide the same service IRT part p. there are some issues with admin but these can be ironed out relatively quickly with the aid of the boss!
peraonally wouldn't touch the Nic with yours let alone mine, bunch of ignorant know it all's, but nothing new there then, they say a company is only as good as its top people, when it comes to Nic enough said!

There is very little positive about the Niceic that I could say,however,one thing that they have in their favour is universal recognition of approval for their AC membership

You are going to have to pay a certain amount, maybe a little less, to register with Napit,but is it worth while you doing so considering you carry out eicrs

Napit are no better or worse than the other scams for domestic installs registration,but they do have issues sometimes with acceptance by specifiers who frequently ask for Niceic

Napit will take up the argument if this were the case,but would you want this considering there is no such problem with Nicy,have a good think about the negatives before making what seems to be a backward step

Hi,

I've only ever been with NAPIT so can't comment on anyone else.

They've never given me any reason to leave, and have always been approachable and helpful, so on that basis I would recommend them.

Ive always been with NAPIT...never had any issues so im sticking with them. They are also my insurers...their insurance is fantastic..had some troubles lately over customers taking the ---- when it comes to paying and they have talked me through what to do and the money came in :)

I also get NAPIT to calibrate my tester.

I like NAPIT lol.

Ive never been asked if im NIC. ive been asked if im part P registered..but not specifically NIC.

Reply to From NIC AC to Napit...............anyone else made the move? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock