Discuss frustrated consumer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thank you. So I am being charged for usage and what also is generated? Sorry, someone has already answered this but I can't find it now, what does the R reading stand for?
Sse also only took one reading, the T reading. Below is an email they sent me in 2019

Attachments

• frustrated consumer 7A737FB7-A52F-4581-B373-0B121D0B7E9C - EletriciansForums.net
    7A737FB7-A52F-4581-B373-0B121D0B7E9C.png
    500.5 KB · Views: 13
Your actual energy useage is the T (total) reading minus R (Export)
Yes you are being charged by Bulb for both Import use and Export generated if they are using the T reading BUT then SSE are paying you for the Export generated, in effect you are overpaying by the amount of energy you generate.

Did you have the panels installed, do you own / benefit from the solar panel Export or does the payment go to someone else, a Rent a roof company or the previous owner?

Back to the O.P,
Have the Energy bills ever been what YOU would call reasonable and it's changed over time or have you moved in to somewhere with high bills.
My bills were high with the previous supplier. I just paid them, even though We are low users. I have only just questioned this since January due to not being able to afford the payments anymore. We haven't moved, been here for over 30 years. I just can't remember a time when I was in credit!

Your actual energy useage is the T (total) reading minus R (Export)
Yes you are being charged by Bulb for both Import use and Export generated if they are using the T reading BUT then SSE are paying you for the Export generated, in effect you are overpaying by the amount of energy you generate.

Did you have the panels installed, do you own / benefit from the solar panel Export or does the payment go to someone else, a Rent a roof company or the previous owner?
I bought the panels in 2015. Monies (although very little of them) come to me. I really appreciate this information from everyone! I have been banging my head against a brick wall with no-one listening to me.

What I suggest for now is to take weekly readings AND photographs (to be used as evidence later) of the Solar Panel meter reading and the R reading and T reading on the main meter.

If I remember correctly it was 4 years before my Son managed to get any solar payment from EON after he first had panels as they wouldnt accept the meter reading untill they'd seen the meter, but every time they sent someone they either couldn't find the house or wouldn't go up the drive as they could see 2 (tame) bulls, it's a remote-ish farmhouse in Northumberland.

Last edited:
The Energy generated also passes through the main energy meter so the supplier has to deduct this if the main meter, like yours, doesn't show Import separately.
Bulb are now saying that the T register is the correct one and that the meter must be faulty!! ?

Well BULB need to fit a new meter and assess how much you've been over charged over the years.
I know energy suppliers can't go back more than 12 months if they've undercharged, hopefully that doesn't apply on an overcharge.

Personally I think they're wrong.

This was part of emails from Bulb to my mate, he doesn't do email so I get all his,
He lives in a well insulated modern 2 bed semi bungalow with 4 storage heaters, for 3 years before Bulb his average bill was £100 per month.

Email received 21 October, so £1791.89 is 6 weeks use they say, almost £300 per week.

frustrated consumer Bulb Bob.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Note, this email refers to charges for 12 months.
When they finally sorted it out it averaged,,,, £100 per month

frustrated consumer Bulb update.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Bulb are now saying that the T register is the correct one and that the meter must be faulty!! ?
So is Our other meter the import meter? Which meter do I give solar readings from? I've been taking them from the solar meter, but if that's import, surely I am giving them the incorrect reading?

Well BULB need to fit a new meter and assess how much you've been over charged over the years.
I know energy suppliers can't go back more than 12 months if they've undercharged, hopefully that doesn't apply on an overcharge.

Personally I think they're wrong.

This was part of emails from Bulb to my mate, he doesn't do email so I get all his,
He lives in a well insulated modern 2 bed semi bungalow with 4 storage heaters, for 3 years before Bulb his average bill was £100 per month.

Email received 21 October, so £1791.89 is 6 weeks use they say, almost £300 per week.

View attachment 65640

Note, this email refers to charges for 12 months.
When they finally sorted it out it averaged,,,, £100 per month

View attachment 65641

Attachments

• frustrated consumer 22930805-C4EB-49E9-B4D3-0F226425DA1F - EletriciansForums.net
    22930805-C4EB-49E9-B4D3-0F226425DA1F.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 20

Reply to frustrated consumer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock