Discuss Full rcbo boards???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D00DY_T00DY

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi all,

Probably going to seem like a novice question just wondering what techniques you lot have for full rcbo boards to keep it neat.

Put 5 in today for a temporary supply for ground workers on a genny; earth rod with a Zs of 2.13ohms (fairly good?)

Anyway it was a complete nightmare trying to keep it neat with the earth and neutral flexes out of them.

I've only installed less than 10 just wondering all your techniques for rcbos?

I kept all the length on these and tried to coil them nicely behind the cpc and neutral terminals.

I cable tie them and loop them behind incoming L-N and splay them up to the terminal. Was thinking of ferruling them with shorter cable. The functional earths are crazy though at what .5mm? and also long, it is a bit messy and annoying I have to work with such tat.

I cable tie them and loop them behind incoming L-N and splay them up to the terminal. Was thinking of ferruling them with shorter cable. The functional earths are crazy though at what .5mm? and also long, it is a bit messy and annoying I have to work with such tat.
Some say there isn't actually a conducter In there at all :D

I tried connecting all the rcbo flexes out then get them all together then connect my circuits but fighting 6mm wires round was just a pain so I'm thinking circuits first then move the flex round the circuit wires and cable tie them all together.

It'll be a while till I'm installed rcbos again though.

I agree, I did an 8 way Wylex the other day and was doing great with neatness which all went to pot with the functionals and the neutrals. I cable tied across in a group of 2 then splayed.
Good experience though. Was a small dimension board though as it had to fit in a meter box!

Well indeed a spark I know just connects even the functional earth to neutral. It does get me though as the FE is so small and mixing sizes in the same termination is somewhat unreliable.

I know Memshield 3 isn't the same quality as Memshield 2 but the rcbos have no earth lead.

Hi all,

Probably going to seem like a novice question just wondering what techniques you lot have for full rcbo boards to keep it neat.

Put 5 in today for a temporary supply for ground workers on a genny; earth rod with a Zs of 2.13ohms (fairly good?)

Anyway it was a complete nightmare trying to keep it neat with the earth and neutral flexes out of them.

I've only installed less than 10 just wondering all your techniques for rcbos?

I kept all the length on these and tried to coil them nicely behind the cpc and neutral terminals.
Stick some functional earth coloured sleeving over them cut to length, nice and neat no problems imo

I beg to differ. RCBOs are far better than the dual RCD boards with massive tails cluttering up the whole space. I just cut the neutral lead down to size and fit a 4 or 6mm2 boot lace ferrule. These things cost pence. As for the f/earth , take them to below the bus bar, into a wago 222 then take a 2.5mm2 single from wago222 up to earth bar. Also if you are installing C/U as a replacement there is much less chance of nusance tripping.

very neat, mate.

Was done last year for my CPS assessment, looking at it now (a year down the line) and I'd argue there's room for improvement. I think if I'd done it today I'd have learnt a few more tricks and it would be neater still.

Thought I had some photos of a Proteus (absolute s****) 3-phase board I done recently where I'd cut and ferruled but I've checked and seems I didn't bother to get the camera out.

I know the kqi Schneider rcbo instructions tell you not to bundle the neutrals together but can cut to length.
They recommend if the functional earth is cut then a bootlace is fitted due to crushing of the fine strands when tightend in the terminals

My boss used to unwrap the coiled leads and hang them from a table at night. Gives you a nice straight tail then. I always shorten and ferrule, that said the SBS is a good option.

Rcbo tails should be cut to length and not bundled up in the board as this can lead to overheating of the conductor. Some, such as Schneider, even have this detailed in the instructions.

I'm curious about the Zs quoted in the OP, any Zs measurement on a generator fed installation won't include the earth rod, it will be testing the return path directly to the star point of the alternator.
The Ra for generator earth rods has to be measured using an earth electrode testing method.

Reply to Full rcbo boards???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock