Discuss Functional Earthing conductor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

ronky

-
Reaction score
A question in the Electacourse home study 2382 is The colour of the functional earthing conductor is :- I answerd green /yellow .which occording to is Wrong ,they say Yellow, i have never heard of a colour for a earthing conductor, ? who is right

cream was originally the colour of functional earth cables for telecoms,the cable was also printed with the words "telecoms functional earth"

Thanks for that ,checked that page when looking for answer ,must have been blind not to have seen it,never in my whole carrear have i had to connect to a earth electrode so have had no need to know,can you put me right then on the connection between the mcb board and the main earth terminalof a PME supply ,colour green/yellow

The cream conductor is for functional earths ie: a clean earth (no electrical noise)
, screens for instrumentation ect.
A conductor that is a CPC or a main earth should be green/yellow

The colours used to identify an earthing conductor used for safety are green and yellow.
If the conductor is also used for the neutral as in TN-C systems, the terminations will be coloured blue.
A functional earth conductor that is not intended for safety, should be identified by the colour cream.
This would indicate that safety would not be impaired if the conductor were to be removed.
A conductor intended to be used for both safety and functional earthing should be identified by the colours green/yellow.
The proportion of any of the colours used in a green/yellow conductor, should be no greater than 70%.

Reply to Functional Earthing conductor in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net