Discuss Functional Switching in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Peter Jacobs

Guys

Need advice on warehouse lighting functional switching. We are utilising 4pole 25A lighting busbar using 2 phase, neutral, and unswitched live for emergencies. My question is I'm after some advice on lockable functional switching for maitenance. We have 53 rows of busbars and I'd rather not install a rotary isolator for each row. We just havent got the space around the DB's serving the lighting of which there are three in total.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jake

Why do you need lockable functional switching?..

To stop un authorised switch off?...what about key switches instead of standard switches?...

Or the switches in a lockable enclosure?...or have I misunderstood you....

Not sure what you are asking. Is it functional switching for emergency light testing or a form of isolation?

Guys

Need advice on warehouse lighting functional switching. We are utilising 4pole 25A lighting busbar using 2 phase, neutral, and unswitched live for emergencies. My question is I'm after some advice on lockable functional switching for maitenance. We have 53 rows of busbars and I'd rather not install a rotary isolator for each row. We just havent got the space around the DB's serving the lighting of which there are three in total.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jake

Yep like the other guys a bit confused as to what you installing
What about a bank of N/O contactors with a lockable DP switch devise as your control circuit. Then link your control circuit to each bank ensuring that your neutrals are seprated at all times and do not get back feed. This way you can isolate the whole system to inc emg feed [as you would off a standard key switch] and also full isolation of all N's as well as you should put them through the contactor as well. The contactors then do not have to be adjacent to DB but in a position where they are accessable for maintance and testing and just have your function switch where you want it. Maybe with that amount of lights even possibly have x2 control circuits and break up your lighting circuits as i am sure x2 function switch will not be a problem.

Reply to Functional Switching in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock