Discuss Funry Smart Switch ST 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I've been asked to quote for installing a "Funry Smart Switch ST 2", which the customer bought from Amazon or Ebay (I forget which). Both he and I are a bit concerned about the product in terms of whether it is manufactured and tested to appropriate standards and is safe.

It is CE marked but not kite marked and makes no reference to any British Standards. It seems well built, but the manual and even markings on the back are full of spelling and grammatical errors.

So I wonder if anyone knows anything about these? Such as whether the the brand is reputable? Is the product built and tested to BS equivalent standards? Are the safety claims such as fire retardant back panel to be believed? And has anyone actually fitted one of these and if so is it still working/has it gone up in smoke?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

As above all the usual china suppliers alli express,dealextreme, ebay have them was the same with the usb in domestic sockets
here is all the specs I could find FUNRY 3 Gang 1 Way Tempered Crystal Glass Remote Control Smart Touch Wall Switch - Black (EU/UK) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
I can see why the customer bought it it looks realy cool led back lit tempered glass etc here is a picture of the back showing the CE marks etc

Funry Smart Switch ST 2 {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
FCC federal communications in the us (its 433mh an unrestricted band at low power)

CE mark European Conformity should meet all EU requirements

ROSH Restiction of hazardous substances all CE marked items should be this as all products sold in the EU have to be ROSH compliant.

No BSEN number

The stickers are readily obtained on the net (china) looked but carnt find where to check a product is registered.Anyone know?

Thanks Phoenix and mykey, I think I will heed your warnings. I found what looks like the same thing only Baird branded (Indeed the customer mentioned he had ordered another one that was supposed to be Baird branded but was not on arrival). I'm guessing it may actually be the same product, but I'm going to suggest he tries again to get the Baird branded one as that would probably be a safer bet.

Thanks Phoenix and mykey, I think I will heed your warnings. I found what looks like the same thing only Baird branded (Indeed the customer mentioned he had ordered another one that was supposed to be Baird branded but was not on arrival). I'm guessing it may actually be the same product, but I'm going to suggest he tries again to get the Baird branded one as that would probably be a safer bet.

Hi,I have bought the exact same switch after googling this thread came up, could you please help me on the installation please?

I see there is one yellow resister kind of thing in the box do I need to use that? and have you installed the Fury switch? is it any good and safe?

Thank you.

Reply to Funry Smart Switch ST 2 in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock