Discuss fuse finder kit? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

I brought one this year for a pig of a testing job. 12 boards in a large building and nothing was marked up, saved my time and my mind. Worth every penny plug transmitter in and off to the board with the finder Di- Log cheap one not infallable but gives you a good idea made a lead with a socket on to connect to lighting circuits. Worth every penny simple to use and can save you so much time.

Hi: Just looked at the Martindale FD650 Pro, which is supposed to be 1 of the best. Only mentions tracing the Live to the breaker not the Neutrals.
Same thing with the Di-Log traces live wires to Breaker / Fuse.
Just an idea: If the board is Isolated could'nt you use a standard tone / trace kit ? i've done this a few times & never had a problem identifying wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find them occasionally very useful where nothing is marked up, I am pretty sure you can find any cable connected (LNE).
I bought the cheap newlec one, it only has a socket connector but from "made a lead with a socket on to connect to lighting circuits" I think I will do that. Does the job.

Reply to fuse finder kit? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Everyone, New to the forum but hoping I can find a little help with my restoration project... I am adding a secondary wiring "system" to my...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm new to this and I'm looking for someone to review my wiring diagram. I'm not sure if I need a fuse block because I'm using an XTM...
Replies
Views
DIY'er question: I have a singe switched fused spur above my kitchen counter, providing power to an undercounter fridge socket beneath it. The...
Replies
Views
Wallbox Fuse Box Lite Single Phase has anyone used one of these? I've installed one feeding a Pulsar Max, the Pulsar Max is set to 32Amp max. The...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock