Discuss Fuse in hoover burning out...? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jagermini

Hey folks, just wondering before I take apart my hoover and destroy it, the 13A fuse in the plug of my hoover keeps burning out (well I've replaced it twice). Is there any general simple answer to what could be causing it, or how it could be repaired? The hoover works for a few minutes, and then just goes, fuse burned out.
Any and all help would be much appreciated...

ruston

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
As said. It could also be a faulty/ damaged cable . Common fault on "hand tools".

OP
J

jagermini

Eh, I'm actually a spark myself, just more used to Industrial and Oil & Gas....this hoover has me stumped... :oops:
Just need a bit of guidance in the right direction and I'm sure it'll be a breeze for me.

It is not an upright hoover. So the brushes are what you recommend to check?

OP
J

jagermini

All good trev, not too proud I have to ask for this sort of thing anyway...

OP
J

jagermini

Ok, cheers for that folks, I'll change over the supply cable first and see how it goes. Cheers for the heads up folks!

Mick

Strima

Electrician's Arms
No problems with my hoover you'll be glad to know, it never gets used...

How old is the hoover? Could be damage to the flex or the motor could be full of crap, hard to say without seeing it.

Des 56

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
I call my girlfriend Dyson ....... ;)
I have the universal model
It's not only used for hoovering,but can be put to good use cleaning and drying clothes.its handy as a bed warmer in the winter,allthough it occasionally gives off a repugnant smell
It does play up occasionally,but I find a good slap to the rear tends to sort it
I must also state that its appearance is quite becoming,obviously a little jaded looking, but its more reliable than the younger models

Your household appliance is important so look after it,it sure beats doing these things yourself

OP
K

Knobhead

Eh, I'm actually a spark myself, just more used to Industrial and Oil & Gas....this hoover has me stumped...
Most electricians would have had the hoover stripped and repaired in the time this thread has taken!

ruston

Respected Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I have the universal model
It's not only used for hoovering,but can be put to good use cleaning and drying clothes.its handy as a bed warmer in the winter,allthough it occasionally gives off a repugnant smell
It does play up occasionally,but I find a good slap to the rear tends to sort it
I must also state that its appearance is quite becoming,obviously a little jaded looking, but its more reliable than the younger models

Your household appliance is important so look after it,it sure beats doing these things yourself
The repugnant smell is easily cured by keeping it in a locked ventilated cupboard when not in use, and retiring to the pub on occasions when it is.:smug:

snowhead

Respected Member
Mentor
Trainee Access
PAT test it first. then bin it and buy a kirby.
A Kirby isn't a hoover, it's a household hygiene system.

Or some such rubbish,
I was falling asleep in the 3 hr demo by the Kirby rep, so forgot exactly what he said.
And no i didn't buy one, not even with his Mangers special one time only discount.

Geordie Spark

Regular EF Member

Or some such rubbish,
I was falling asleep in the 3 hr demo by the Kirby rep, so forgot exactly what he said.
And no i didn't buy one, not even with his Mangers special one time only discount.
An acquaintance (NOT a mate!!) of mine was a rep for Kirby ... he was a right boring ****

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
can't live with male chauvenistic stuff ( NOT). i always carry the kirby upstairs for her indoors. can't have her sitting on her arse when the bedrooms need cleaning. as long as they're done when i get home, and dinner's almost on the table. can't fault her. :smilewinkgrin:

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access

Or some such rubbish,
me neithewr. got ours from an ad. in the local rag. £60 with all the bits.

OP
P

Plonker 3

Ok, cheers for that folks, I'll change over the supply cable first and see how it goes. Cheers for the heads up folks!

Mick
This was his last response 5 hours ago, he was last online 5 hours ago. Do you think he remembered to unplug it first?

OP
K

Knobhead

He's an industrial spark, Dilb, we don't do namby pamby things like un plugging them.

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
too much LSD mate. once happened to me, back in the old days when lennon was still living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.