Discuss Fuse in hoover burning out...? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jagermini

Hey folks, just wondering before I take apart my hoover and destroy it, the 13A fuse in the plug of my hoover keeps burning out (well I've replaced it twice). Is there any general simple answer to what could be causing it, or how it could be repaired? The hoover works for a few minutes, and then just goes, fuse burned out.
Any and all help would be much appreciated...

An intermittent fault manifesting itself when the vacuum cleaner has generated a little bit of heat. Probably not something for an enthusiastic DIYer mate

Is it an upright hoover? does the brush rotate freely?
I'd check to see if the motor is up against resistance first off.

Eh, I'm actually a spark myself, just more used to Industrial and Oil & Gas....this hoover has me stumped... :oops:
Just need a bit of guidance in the right direction and I'm sure it'll be a breeze for me.

It is not an upright hoover. So the brushes are what you recommend to check?

I did have a Dyson that had a fualy cable, when i stripped the machine down, it was not in any particular stress point, just weird.

No problems with my hoover you'll be glad to know, it never gets used...

How old is the hoover? Could be damage to the flex or the motor could be full of crap, hard to say without seeing it.

I call my girlfriend Dyson ....... ;)

I have the universal model
It's not only used for hoovering,but can be put to good use cleaning and drying clothes.its handy as a bed warmer in the winter,allthough it occasionally gives off a repugnant smell
It does play up occasionally,but I find a good slap to the rear tends to sort it
I must also state that its appearance is quite becoming,obviously a little jaded looking, but its more reliable than the younger models

Your household appliance is important so look after it,it sure beats doing these things yourself

I have the universal model
It's not only used for hoovering,but can be put to good use cleaning and drying clothes.its handy as a bed warmer in the winter,allthough it occasionally gives off a repugnant smell
It does play up occasionally,but I find a good slap to the rear tends to sort it
I must also state that its appearance is quite becoming,obviously a little jaded looking, but its more reliable than the younger models

Your household appliance is important so look after it,it sure beats doing these things yourself

The repugnant smell is easily cured by keeping it in a locked ventilated cupboard when not in use, and retiring to the pub on occasions when it is.:smug:

Reply to Fuse in hoover burning out...? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock