Discuss Fuse keeps blowing? Try this . . . in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Found this today after a call from one of our service engineers. I think the picture says it all.

IMG_0937.jpg

Had that a while ago on a main service fuse. 40a fuse with 2x 9kW Showers, induction hob and also all electrical heating. there response was "Well is hasnt tripped since the plumber fixed it"

You can see by the piece missing from the leading edge of the blade that a new fuse has been inserted into a fault condition.

You can see by the piece missing from the leading edge of the blade that a new fuse has been inserted into a fault condition.

or with a fair sized load connected.

No quite the same but I went to mrs uncles house he said fuse blew everytime a lamp went on lighting circuit. Cu was a memera 3 bs1361 type. He had replaced the 5a 1361with a 646 with a bit of 5a fuse wire wrapped round the ends of fuse so it fitted in carrier. Bless him :)

No quite the same but I went to mrs uncles house he said fuse blew everytime a lamp went on lighting circuit. Cu was a memera 3 bd1361 type. He had replaced the 5a 1361with a 646 with a bit of 5a fuse wire wrapped round the ends of fuse so it fitted in carrier. Bless him :)
hey at least he used the right sized fuse wire.

better than using a nail

No quite the same but I went to mrs uncles house he said fuse blew everytime a lamp went on lighting circuit. Cu was a memera 3 bd1361 type. He had replaced the 5a 1361with a 646 with a bit of 5a fuse wire wrapped round the ends of fuse so it fitted in carrier. Bless him :)
hey at least he used the right sized fuse wire.

better than using a nail
He had just upgraded from tin foil his neighbour had given him the fuse wire. :)

Reply to Fuse keeps blowing? Try this . . . in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net