Discuss fuse rating or setting in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Regs

-
Reaction score
Ive searched but cant find any info on the following-

On the certs forms
under main switch or circuit breaker it asks
Fuse /device rating or setting??:santa_cheesy:

Should be clearly stated on the device or in the case of a variable device like an Mccb it's asking what rating the arrow is pointing at.

Should be clearly stated on the device or in the case of a variable device like an Mccb it's asking what rating the arrow is pointing at.

They only have breaking capacity and voltz rating. Its not volz rating as thats another question, so i guessing its breaking capacity

I usually try to avoid *guessing* when filling out a cert!

It's the rated current, not the breaking capacity. So, is that Ib, In or Iz?

in general, esp. domestic, it will be a D/P main switch with no overcurrent device and so you would enter the current rating e.g. 80A, 100A. don't forget, this is just it's max. operating current. in the case of the isolator incorporating a MCB/Fuse, then you enter the In for that device.

You're not supposed to answer it for him Tel!

Ive searched but cant find any info on the following-

On the certs forms
under main switch or circuit breaker it asks
Fuse /device rating or setting??:santa_cheesy:

Please put me out of my misery by telling me your secret.

How in God's name did you manage to pass C&G 2391 ????

Naaa. Surely not! Really? 2391? Naaa, you're kidding aren't you?

Look, I'm crawling back to the Arms again. Would someone please be kind enough to kive me a kick at closing time?

I'm not kidding anybody, but I think Regs is.

Here's a little snippet from his profile: What electrical qualifications do you have?:2391 17th

He's also claimed to be a police officer looking for a career change so it must all be true. I mean, whoever heard of a police officer telling lies???

Save a space for me in The Arms and order me a bottle of Dog .. I'll be there shortly.

Please put me out of my misery by telling me your secret.

How in God's name did you manage to pass C&G 2391 ????

Go on the iet web site and you will come across the name John Pec.... he writes many posts & teaches it at evening college. To be honest the 30% pass rate is only down to not enough intellect i found it quite easy. He was also in the police force i believe.

I've got an RCD an RCCB & 60947-3 here and neither states the breaking capacity on them, why would that be?

In:-
I is amps, can't remember what n is?
Thanks for the helpful and reply's.

Last edited:
in general, esp. domestic, it will be a D/P main switch with no overcurrent device and so you would enter the current rating e.g. 80A, 100A. don't forget, this is just it's max. operating current. in the case of the isolator incorporating a MCB/Fuse, then you enter the In for that device.

Yea i got ya cheers, or im sure i do. So for instance (say a 60947-3) where it asks current rating we write n/a or none. Then under fuse rating or setting 100A or what is written on main switch.

Go on the iet web site and you will come across the name John Pec.... he writes many posts & teaches it at evening college. To be honest the 30% pass rate is only down to not enough intellect i found it quite easy. He was also in the police force i believe.

I've got an RCD an RCCB & 60947-3 here and neither states the breaking capacity on them, why would that be?

Well then John Pec wants putting down if he was making people like you pass the 2391. Hope he's not teaching 2395 now aswell.

You've apparantly done the 2391 (and easily passed) so why don't you go and look through all the notes you have from when you took the course, and find out the answer to what 'n' is?

Instead of, yet again, wanting people to wipe your arse for you.

Am i the only one thinking (with a degree of confidence) that this person is a wind up? Reg's im really not convinced by your legitimacy and for that reason i will never comment directly to you again, sorry if i've got the wrong end of the stick but really don't think i have.

You've apparantly done the 2391 (and easily passed) so why don't you go and look through all the notes you have from when you took the course, and find out the answer to what 'n' is?

Instead of, yet again, wanting people to wipe your arse for you.

Am i the only one thinking (with a degree of confidence) that this person is a wind up? Reg's im really not convinced by your legitimacy and for that reason i will never comment directly to you again, sorry if i've got the wrong end of the stick but really don't think i have.

Short answer .... NO, you are not!!!

Finally got the message then.
I know In is the rated current of the protective device i just forgot what the n stands for why are you getting excited for lol.

I'm having a Dragons Den moment having heard numerous pitches for advice and shirty responses to some replies from one source

SO I'M OUT

Reply to fuse rating or setting in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net