Discuss Fuse replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Toystorywoody

Hi,

I've been to a job where a 50A MCB had blown and wouldn't reset. I didn't have a replacement MCB the same size so I used a bit of spare cable rated to 48A in the bs7671 book so that the cable would break and de-active the circuit before 50A is overloaded.

I'm not 100% sure if I made the right move or not, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Woody

I don't quite understand what you mean.

I've only recently finished the 17th edition course so that I can get out of the call centre I was in. The theory made sense for the cable as over load protection.

I'm just not too sure now?

Hi,

I've been to a job where a 50A MCB had blown and wouldn't reset. I didn't have a replacement MCB the same size so I used a bit of spare cable rated to 48A in the bs7671 book so that the cable would break and de-active the circuit before 50A is overloaded.

I'm not 100% sure if I made the right move or not, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Woody

Just thought I'd capture the post before it's edited by the OP.

I'm just after a bit of help.

I used to work in a call centre and studied to change jobs. I've taken the 17th edition course so that I can go into a trade and just come a little unstuck on this one, I've only been doing it 2 weeks. :-/

Never occurred to me about woody, never seen Toy Story, in that case I'll renege on my prediction not a divvy it's a wind up got to be

Thread closed.

Reply to Fuse replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is a repost of the initial in diy as the only potential diy aspect is the prep ahead of a qualified person attending, this is hopefully...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm having trouble diagnosing a fault on a customers downstairs socket ring, which only ever trips when the washing machine is used. The...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock