Discuss Fuse too big on fridge in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them switches are capable.of load switching... yes they burn out . Replace and blame the manufacture.

I’m pretty sure removing local isolation in the kitchen goes against the building standards in Scotland, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t also against the building regulations in England & Wales.

However, I’m not surprised you decided to remove them given your attitude to other regulations is pretty much “I know best and will apply my common sense”. I wonder whether similar attitudes might turn up in the Grenfell inquiry?

Yes you were.
You also talked about using an incorrect cable size. This was the part I highlighted and pointed you in the direction of the reg.
I was making a point that the current draw so so low a 1.00mm cable would do. BTW, 1.00mm would not be electrically incorrect. It would be safe with the appropriate mcb/RCBO, big enough to handle the appliance. A reg and being electrically sound are different.

I’m pretty sure removing local isolation in the kitchen goes against the building standards in Scotland, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t also against the building regulations in England & Wales.

However, I’m not surprised you decided to remove them given your attitude to other regulations is pretty much “I know best and will apply my common sense”. I wonder whether similar attitudes might turn up in the Grenfell inquiry?
Not against regs in England. My attitude was safety, the contacts were burning, not going by some reg that may mean it is not safe. And in the future it will never cause a fire, as it is not there any longer.

Not against regs in England. My attitude was safety, the contacts were burning, not going by some reg that may mean it is not safe. And in the future it will never cause a fire, as it is not there any longer.

Bad logic. Remove a method of safe isolation because connections may become loose - certainly not what I would expect from a sparky.

Bad logic. Remove a method of safe isolation because connections may become loose - certainly not what I would expect from a sparky.
Removed a component that was burning and a potential fire. If replaced the same situation still could arise. Easy to understand. Safe isolation was nearby, feet away, at a CU. Local isolation is totally unnecessary, and no reg even states it should be there - and a potential fire risk, as I simply explained. Sound, simple logic. I do NOT like people being injured or dying.

Last edited:
I was making a point that the current draw so so low a 1.00mm cable would do. BTW, 1.00mm would not be electrically incorrect. It would be safe with the appropriate mcb/RCBO, big enough to handle the appliance. A reg and being electrically sound are different.

You are an electrician aren't you. We work to the regs.
It would be 'electrically incorrect' as it would be marked as a deviation from the regs in a report.

Removed a component that was burning and a potential fire. If replaced the same situation still could arise. Easy to understand. Isolation was nearby, feet away, at a CU. Local isolation is totally unnecessary, and no reg even states it should be there - and a potential fire risk, as I simply explained. Sound, simple logic. I do like people being injured or dying.
Hopefully a typo, but judging by some of your comments here and previously (multiple spurs from a single Wago springs to mind) I’d not be surprised if that was true.

It would be 'electrically incorrect' as it would be marked as a deviation from the regs in a report.
No reg says local isolation is needed.
You should work to your electrical training and knowledge, not be like one of these, rear end covering, moronic, reg followers.

Last edited:
Hopefully a typo, but judging by some of your comments here and previously (multiple spurs from a single Wago springs to mind) I’d not be surprised if that was true.
It was amazing how many could not figure that out, which was so simple. You need to look at Wagos.

Show me the reg that says local isolation is mandatory? Whatever local isolation is of course. Where should this non-mandatory local isolation be? in a cupboard? Over a worktop? In an adjacent utility room? Under an appliance? Where?

Last edited:
Playing with fire toplay with fire john, just replace it ya mad man

I my point it is not the end of. Only going by regs is not what competent electricians should be doing. Sometimes you have to use the electrical knowledge and training they are given.

Would that be the same knowledge and training that started this thread with the suggestion of 1mm cable and a 3A fuse?

No reg says local isolation is needed.
You should work to your electrical training and knowledge, not be like one of these, rear end covering, moronic, reg followers.
Fair enough if you wish to argue a point but posts like this will see the thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fuse too big on fridge in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock