Discuss Fusebox consumers units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I get the use of local wholesalers of course, and indeed use screwfix myself, but I would have thought for planned CU replace or rewires, most would buy in semi-bulk, certainly if I actually do a job (rather than poring over designs all day) I tend to order most everything from chosen suppliers (CEF, Edwards, consumer unit world etc) mainly on-line, and it just gets delivered. (Screwfix good for cable though!) - allows me to get the ordering done in the evening and work in the day.

I don't really do fixes/faults, but in that case I would just use CEF, Yesss, or screwfix/toolstation, depending on the needs

I think it's more a case of relying on wholesalers to keep abreast of new products and often accepting whatever those wholesalers present. Obviously everyone is different, but many are creatures of habit. I like to buy local and, where possible, from independent businesses, but in return will expect those businesses to make some effort to retain my custom - in other words, they need to keep up with online competition in terms of product choice and not expect that I'll pay double for local service.

I've fitted quite a few too, I'd say they're very good value and decent quality.
Here's one I did a couple of months ago.
Photo gone?

Found this thread as I was looking for info about the devices, rather than the CUs - registered initially so I could see the photo. ?

Anybody had any issues with FuseBox RCBOs?

I've found the fusebox boards to be very good, I've fitted probably 10-12 over the last few months and they are good for space, compact rcbo's excellent, surge protection great! Can't fault them really and not had 1 faulty item or call back so can't grumble on that front either, and the price is excellent compared with Hager Schneider and wylex. Still Hager always sits high on my install list as they were the first board I ever installed and they are still excellent imho
Sy

Object all you like Mike, maybe you're holding your head at a funny angle.

Let's see a picture of one of your boards then. ?
Perfectly awesome work that I'd certainly be proud of if it were mine
will ferrell yes GIF

the problem I'd have is brands seem to come and go, and now mixing of components is expressly banned you're stuffed if you need a new circuit or replacement part. Client of mine had a "magnuss" dual RCD with faulty RCD which was apparently 6 months old at the time, searched high and low and no idea where it came from. Refuses to have to whole unit replaced. Another guy had a clipsal - actually good quality kit, but pulled out the UK market, now he needs a 6 amp MCB but all you have is idiots flogging worn out stuff of dubious origin on ebay etc. Explain to me the QA on that.

This is why I fitted mostly MK/wylex for years but since they went right down the toilet its been hagar.

Don't know why people think this mix and match situation is a recent thing as it has been a requirement for years to follow manufacturers guidance and this wouldn't have included fitted non-compatible devices it really is nothing new.

Reply to Fusebox consumers units in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net