Discuss Fused Neutral in Fork Truck Charger in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JSSE

-
Reaction score
We had Four new power pallet trucks at work and the first to chargers delivered (single phase) had a short supply flex which is to short for our use. Upon fitting a new flex i found that the line conductor when straight to the primary side of the transforme and the neutral when to the fuse disconector.

Advise the charger supply company who said he was not doubting me but would check the other two before despatch. and confirmed it was ok for me to connect correctly neutral to the transformer and line to the fuse.

The other two chargers arrived yesterday and guess what they were wired like the first.

The first two were manufactured in 2006 and the last two in 2009 thats an lot of chargers out there with internal fused neutrals.

My employer is not interested as we are now correct with ours and the fork truck supplier has said that he has spoken to his charger guy and he says its ok.

What do i do now?

advise would welcome.

i was at the wholesalers the other week and was reading an article in the electricians mate magazine, there was an article where somebody had wrote in with photos of a similar situation. except both the line and neutral were through internal fuses. this was on a mass produced combi boiler.:eek:

Think it was a potterton, and I saw the article chris bray was referring to ,which struck a chord cos I found the same thing when I was connecting a potterton, and phoned the tech helpline to query it. All I got was it complies with all relevent standards etc....I did consider linking out the neutral fuse but thought better of it cos the warrenty would probably be void.

JSSE, Try telling your boss, that by correcting the wiring, his warranty is now void.
And just maybe might raise an issue in the event of an accident i.e CE compliance now void.

Yeah, you'r right- he will not care!

Think it was a potterton, and I saw the article chris bray was referring to ,which struck a chord cos I found the same thing when I was connecting a potterton, and phoned the tech helpline to query it. All I got was it complies with all relevent standards etc....I did consider linking out the neutral fuse but thought better of it cos the warrenty would probably be void.

I did the same with Baxi.:)

Reply to Fused Neutral in Fork Truck Charger in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock