uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Fused Spur from supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Looking to wire an electrical fire (2Kw convector heater) which is fitted with LEDs (separate supply) can I use a single spur or would I have to have 2 separate spurs?
Thanks in advance

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Paignton pete

-
Arms
Esteemed
Manufacturers instructions is the first place to look. If they require you to have 2 points then 2 points it needs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the advice. I’ve not bought the fire yet and the store advised to have 2 fused spurs, but thought as the LEDs don’t draw much current and it was not using much power I thought I could use only 1 spur?
Thanks again

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi - it may be the manufacturer has specified the heater needs a 13A fuse and the lights need a 3A fuse and there’s only 1 fuse per fused connection unit. But it does sound a bit odd.

Hi - it may be the manufacturer has specified the heater needs a 13A fuse and the lights need a 3A fuse and there’s only 1 fuse per fused connection unit. But it does sound a bit odd.
Wilko, Surely wouldn't the appliance be fused down inside its case into two seperate circuits?

It's very strange that any stand-alone appliance needs two supplies from two seperate spurs. Imagine the horror if there were a large installation with cisrcuits wired across all three pases - and someone connects the appliance across two of them!!!!!!a

I'd be doing a lot more research on that appliance.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Fused Spur from supply in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom