Discuss Fused spur off imersion heater circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Working on a ground floor flat which has a seperate bathroom other side of corridor and approx 10 meters away with concrete floors and tank with imersion heater in cupboard on first floor.
Light and extractor fan to bathroom are supplied from another flat meter which has now got to be corrected.

Problem I have is that the imersion heater is correctly supplied from the flat it belongs to but it looks almost impossible to get a route for a new cable to the bathroom for the light and fan without a very large amount of damage and work.

There is a junction box in the ceiling by the imersion heater switch that the other flat is connected to and feeds the bathroom.

Question is - After disconnecting and making safe the other flat feed, Can I fit an unswitched fuse spur from the imersion heater circuit for a new feed to the bathroom light and fan.

As long as that circuit is on an rcd/rcbo don't see a problem.

Thanks Pushrod.
Been away but went ahead and did the job Friday. Only 1 light bulb and one extractor fan on the fused spur and highly unlikely for any additions to the circuit at a later date so should be ok.
Is connected to RCD side of split load unit.

Reply to Fused spur off imersion heater circuit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
I put some news lights in a bathroom and new extractor fan. Did the tests and filled out form. A couple of days later another electrician came in...
Replies
Views
As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
I recently got my flat rewired. It had old storage heaters and we plan on putting modern storage heaters in. The way the electrician did the...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock