Discuss Fused spur question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m running some power outside.

There is a socket inside the lounge and I want to switch a supply from this out.

I was thinking of a 13A FCU Next to the socket. Then out the back to an outside 2 gang socket (IP66)

My main question is do I NEED to fuse down again for some lights if I keep the t and e current rating above the 13A for said lights.

you'd only need to fuse down if you reduced the cable size to below 1.5mm ( 19A ccc if no insulation). remember that fuse is to protect cable.

as an aside. the lights are a fixed load so only fault protection is needed.

Last edited:
you'd only need to fuse down if you reduced the cable size to below 1.5mm ( 19A ccc if no insulation). remember that fuse is to protect cable.
Many thanks. My thoughts exactly.

lowest ccc in osg p155 for 1.5mm is 14.5A so good here.
So ok to feed lights straight from the socket. Just seems a bit odd, but don’t want to have to fit two FCU. That also seems odd!

many thanks

a second FCU would, though , be advantageous as a switch for the lights, and a means of isolation in case of a fault.

Reply to Fused spur question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
DIY'er question: I have a singe switched fused spur above my kitchen counter, providing power to an undercounter fridge socket beneath it. The...
Replies
Views
I've had a search, and found an old thread from 2016... but was wondering about modern views on this situation. I've come into possession of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Thank you in advance... So I had an electrician put in some FCUs on spurs to a couple of outside lights.. this one was in readiness to...
Replies
Views
Hi, apologies for the basic question In a radial circuit, is it permissable to spur off the supply side of an existing fused connection unit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock