Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Fused Spur... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andyd55

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey guys, I have a fused spur in my living room for an electric fire place to go, however I do not want one as I am building units the whole way across and having my tv centered instead. So is it possible for me to replace the blanking plate for a double socket or such like so that I can have all the wire hidden behind the unit and just the fused spur over by the side to switch it all on and off? Or is this a big no no?

Hope I have made this clear as to what I am trying to achieve I can post a pic if it helps?

A

acat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In principal I dont see anything wrong with that as it was for a fire do you if its 2.5mm cable that is supplying the spur and where the spur is coming from is it the socket ring main or elsewhere.

Chris

old dog

-
Arms
hi if i understand you sfs will have possibly a trailer 4 extension wired in to it
for tv / dvd ect
yes thats fine

A

andyd55

Thanks for quick replies guys,
this is the current setup, it has a double socket with the fused spur for the fireplace which I think it is wired into the ring as there is 3 cables coming into the fused spur.

This is then in the center of the wall where the fire place goes, looks like 2.5mm t&e to me?

Then this pic shows the whole wall.

Are you saying I could hard wire a 4 socket extension into the blanking plate for fire? Or am I misunderstanding you?

A

andyd55

I could yeah, but I am going to have a large unit going all the way across the wall with just a bit at the left and right sticking bare and this is why I was thinking I could use the fused spur switch to turn tv, dvd, etc etc off? as it would be accesible at the right?

old dog

-
Arms
yes mate you can wire a trailer 4 or 6 into the outlet controled by the sfs
it will be protected by the 13amp fuse.
i take it the sfs will be accessible when the unit is in place

A

andyd55

Nice one cheers guys, yeah I spotted that as well, meant to ask was it essential to earth the back box cause I normally do but I didn't wire this place I only moved in a couple months back!

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Fused Spur... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom