Discuss Fusing of fans to comply with manufacturers recommended instructions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Why not just wire the bathroom with a 3 amp fuse to the lighting and fan then wire everything downstream off the fused spur, problem solved

Shouldnt be a sfcu doing the whole bathroom as the ideal of a local isolator is to isolate the fan itself without interrupting other supplies ie.. lights.
I always put a 3a module fuse holder in a click mini 3 apparatus faceplate along side the 3pole isolator. On 1st fix i always mark the loop in loop out cable and they get paired into the top of fuseholder, thus making perm live & sw live 3A protected.

Do i think its OTT. Yes!
Do i do it to cover my own ---. Yes!
Will the fan manufacturer be able to point liability at me if the fan goes up in flames . No!!

Ask a grown-up to explain ;);):)
Are you grown up?
Can you explain what difference the permanent feed being fused at 3A would make to the requirement for RCD protection?
Can you further explain what the discussion regarding fusing both the permanent feed and the switched feed has in relation to the requirement for RCD protection?

Are you grown up?
Can you explain what difference the permanent feed being fused at 3A would make to the requirement for RCD protection?
Can you further explain what the discussion regarding fusing both the permanent feed and the switched feed has in relation to the requirement for RCD protection?

Whoops, touched a nerve! I did put smilies to indicate it was a joke.

Reply to Fusing of fans to comply with manufacturers recommended instructions in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock