Discuss Future use cable coiled in CU? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Johnlondon

Hi all,

Perhaps a very simple question with a very obvious answer but just to check...

Full rewire scenario. Customer yet to renovate kitchen/dining room into a kitchen diner so wants all cables in trunking there only and chased through the rest of the house. Currently only a gas oven but will be putting in an electric sometime in the future.

Thinking of simply leaving 6mm coiled up under floorboards in kitchen and coiled in CU ready to fit when the time comes to avoid having to pull up all boards to run full cable. Unaware of anything in the regs to say I can't leave small coil in CU (properly labelled) for future use.

Is the ok?

can't see a problem with it. as long as the cable ends in the CU are taped and positioned so as not to be able to short to anything.

As long as it's not connected it doesn't matter what you do with it. Obviously, once connected it will be tested anyway to ensure that no damage has occured.
Personally, if one end is entering the CU, I'd probably tape that end up and put the other into an enclosure such as a line box just as a precaution.

Can be treated as unused cores if you want , sleeve and connect all cores down to earth and label for future use and connect all cores into a JB at other end , if you really want to play it safe

Reply to Future use cable coiled in CU? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi all Mate of mine is getting a new utility room fitted, the kitchen fitting company have brought in their electricians for first fix and to be...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi, Similar'ish question to my other thread but little more info now so a different approach but sorry if duplication. UK, single phase. Just had...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I‘d really appreciate some advice - not a kick in the pants please - from those more knowledgeable than me! My new kitchen and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock