Discuss G59 Relay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

solarfred

If we have 3 x 2500wp single string arrays on a 3 phase supply (split evenly over phases) using SMA 2500HF's will we need a G59 relay for sure or is it up to DNO? The SMA's are not G59 as far as I know only G83.

G83 for sure. you may be able to use a 8000TL 3 phase inverter, depending on the voltage of your strings. I don't have my info to hand but i am sure i asked sma about putting 4kw across 3 phases with this inverter and they said it would be ok - may be worth looking into.

G83 post notify allows you to do up to 16 A / 3.68 kWp / phase , so even an STP10000TL is OK for post notify.

TedM berated the ENA a while ago and got this definitve answer:

The imbalance that is allowed between phases is
To ENA for a G83/1 Stage 1 Application
f) can you confirm the maximum Watts applicable to a 3-phase supply?

Answer:
f) 230x3x16= 11,040 for practicable purposes this is 11kW, split evenly over three phases. The following is not allowed
phase 1 4kW
phase 2 4kW
phase 3 3kW
as two phases exceed 16A per phase

Unbalance is allowable up to to the following limit
phase 1 3.7kW
phase 2 3.7kW
phase 3 any value under 3.7kW

Reply to G59 Relay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I (well, the MCS installer) obtained approval under G59 back in 2015 for 11.5 kW of grid connection on a single phase. 12kW of panels into two 6kW...
Replies
Views
hi guys / girls , any advice would be appreciated, So the situation is a domestic property has a 3 phase supply , from the service head we have 3...
Replies
Views
Hello, My current 2.5kW Solar pv array is in a less than favourable position, but there is plenty of space to expand the array. I have an...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
I have a customer that has 3 heating mats under the tile. This was installed a while back and a relay was used. I measured a 21 amp draw for all...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock