Discuss Garage Power Supply Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The power to my garage is supplied by a fused spur in the house. When switched on the fuse in the spur blows and the RCD trips! I found that a live wire had loosened and was hanging out of its connection! Could this be the cause of the problem?

Fault finding,
Step 1
Use eyes
More faults are detected visually and with the best guess approach that comes with experience than with some fancy test gear.

Fix the ones you can see before looking for others.

Reply to Garage Power Supply Problem in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, We had an electrician over, who fitted a 40a MCB in the house consumer unit to supply a new build garage. It's underground SWA...
Replies
Views
I installed a transformer for 5 smart thermostats, 1 of the thermostats trips the transformer fuse button right when I turn on the power. There is...
Replies
Views
I’m planning to run an electrical sub-panel to my detached garage (about 150’ away) and run it off my 200 amp home panel. I live out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi My main feed comes into the garage, feeds into the meter and then out to another box with a 60AMP fuse then into the house...
Replies
Views
I am interested in having a home generator that would provide power to my home when the power is out during hurricane season, etc. I have 2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock