Discuss Gardtec 595 alarm issue in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
My wifes been decorating and removed the cover of a pir sensor. Alarm went off as it should. However after replacing cover the alarm wont set and keypad displays check hall PIR. Gardtec 595 alarm issue 20191210_164830 - EletriciansForums.netGardtec 595 alarm issue 20191210_115123 - EletriciansForums.net I have come across these snapped wires to what im guessing is a resistor. Can anyone tell me what exactly this is and where to source from. Ive tried swapping it out for an unused one. The "resistor" I replaced had SO3 marked on it and the "resisitor" I swapped it to was marked s10. This hasnt fixed my issue. Can anyone help?

Thanks for your reply. Do you know where I can get a replacement? Will this be the solution to my issue?

That's an ID biscuit mate. They aren't produced anymore but you might still be able to get some used ones off ebay though they are expensive. It will need to be a like for like number 3 replacement.

If that biscuit is damaged then yeah that's why you can't set.

If you have the engineer code you can turn the sensor off. If not then your stuck until you get a new biscuit.

I spoke to risco who manufacturer/install the alarms and they said they do not have engineer codes on there systems. I have the mastee code and user code. Is there anything i can do at the panel

Risco do have eng.codes on the panels. these can be defaulted unless the code starts with a 9, in which case it's send the panel to Risco for reprogamming. very expensive. if you can manage without that detector, it's a simple job to remove from system, but only with a site visit. personally i could do it but st. helens is a bit outside my patch, so a call-out by me would be around £70. i deal exclusively with Risco, being an approved installer. i can contact technical tomorrow and see if they can help. pm me contact details and i'll call you tomorrow after i speak to Risco.

If i disconnect that sensor at the panel will that sort it?I will just have that area unprotected
not as simple as that. the panel is looking for that biscuit. if it can't see it, it won't set. it's maybe possible to remove a zone by using the master code. let me speak to risco tech. tomorrow.

not as simple as that. the panel is looking for that biscuit
a hob nob ,you could ask them for a packet of rich tea . Tele the op might get one from gardtec .
[automerge]1576014285[/automerge]
Security Intruder Plug In ID Biscuits karisma menvier etc Biscuit . New

Item information

Condition:

New other (see details)

“box a bit tatty not all 10 in the set only what's pictured” flie bay

[automerge]1576014407[/automerge]
op look at what I have put on here the one you need it on ebay.

Last edited:
a hob nob ,you could ask them for a packet of rich tea . Tele the op might get one from gardtec .
[automerge]1576014285[/automerge]
Security Intruder Plug In ID Biscuits karisma menvier etc Biscuit . New

Item information

Condition:

New other (see details)

“box a bit tatty not all 10 in the set only what's pictured” flie bay

[automerge]1576014407[/automerge]

op look at what I have put on here the one you need it on ebay.
For whatever reason i cant see that post. Im after id biscuit so3

Reply to Gardtec 595 alarm issue in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock