Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss gas and water testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kevc1983

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hi guys hope yous can help, doing periodics for a council, i cant get access to the main water and gas bonds in the house, laminated flooring, boxing ins etc, what do i put on the certificates? its niceic forms, was thinking putting in limitations at the tic boxes and putting reasons in at the agreed limitations box at the front page, any better ideas please let me know
cheers guys

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
I would remove the bonding cables at the DB end with DB off and do a wandering lead test to the origin of the water and gas (or as near as possible to the origin, this way you can confirm that the cables are at least connected to something and not 'phantom bonds' which are just poked under the floor!. If that proves satisfactory, you can then give it an Observation and limitation on hte paperwork.

p.s. it is likely that if a boiler is cross bonded, you will get continuity between the ends of both bonds when removed.

Personally I wouldn't be happy not seeing where they are terminated. Without a visual you have no idea about the connection.

Personally I wouldn't be happy not seeing where they are terminated. Without a visual you have no idea about the connection.
I have to agree, hence why I make the observations and limitations, the council will NOT like the idea of damaged flooring/boxing etc. to check a bod! Some of the tennants will claim for anything!

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to gas and water testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom