Discuss gas and water testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kevc1983

hi guys hope yous can help, doing periodics for a council, i cant get access to the main water and gas bonds in the house, laminated flooring, boxing ins etc, what do i put on the certificates? its niceic forms, was thinking putting in limitations at the tic boxes and putting reasons in at the agreed limitations box at the front page, any better ideas please let me know
cheers guys

I would remove the bonding cables at the DB end with DB off and do a wandering lead test to the origin of the water and gas (or as near as possible to the origin, this way you can confirm that the cables are at least connected to something and not 'phantom bonds' which are just poked under the floor!. If that proves satisfactory, you can then give it an Observation and limitation on hte paperwork.

p.s. it is likely that if a boiler is cross bonded, you will get continuity between the ends of both bonds when removed.

Reply to gas and water testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views
I was thinking about getting qualified to do this for a charity. I already do the necessary stuff to put the electrical donations into the shop...
Replies
Views
I got a TEXT message (i dont know them and i cant find out who they are from the phone number) "Hi speaking from Indeed Are you available to give...
Replies
Views
Just had a boiler put in on a grant scheme. Water main earth bonding was connected in with the existing gas bonding's pipe clamp on the outlet...
Replies
Views
Dear Electric forum members ,Thankyou for reading this question maybe someone can help or point me in the right direction,I have been recently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock