Discuss gas un the regs fred in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MING

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Reet. . . .this un crops up all the time just wanna get other views un interpretation fings on it . . . .GAS BOILERS UN CONTROLS IN DOMESTIC DWELLINGS. . .so wot qualifications do you need , do yer need to be Corgi registered, if you did not design the system can you wire in the boilers and the controls to that there system. . . . .way yer go:):):)

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
M

MING

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hello. . . . .anybody breathin :D:D:D

T

TonyM58

i will speak to the gas guys in work today, Ming

M

MING

er anyone . . . . .dumb de doop de doo:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
Think you'll find that CORGI regs only apply to the connection of the gas pipework. Anyone can do the connection of water pipework but not the gas only CORGI registered.

T

The Electrical Connection

My take oin this is -
Corgi for gas
Anyone for water
'Electrical Competent Person' for the electrical connection (usually 3 amp switched fuse spur)
Any help ?

M

MacSparky

Ive heard that you need to have passed the 'water regs' now to touch any sort of plumbing....think its as adhered to as the wiring regs though by some....:rolleyes: not 100% on this but my nephew has taken a quick course and had to take this exam.

S

Spudmiester

dont know a lot about CORGI, it is said you need it to touch gas, however I cant remember ever seeing a CORGI sticker on a Transco van.

Just a thought..............!

danzor

-
Mentor
Arms
thats some crazy english right there

S

Shakey

Ive heard that you need to have passed the 'water regs' now to touch any sort of plumbing....think its as adhered to as the wiring regs though by some....:rolleyes: not 100% on this but my nephew has taken a quick course and had to take this exam.
the water regs are wierd

anyone can plumb in pipework, but you need the water regs qual before you can run water through it!:confused:

as regards the original question, Part P requirements may apply (depending where it is), but no formal quals are 'required'

W

wayne

as long as you aint connecting the gass the electrics all yours see shakey

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to gas un the regs fred in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom