Discuss GEDA Solarlift in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Not yet, but is just what we've been looking for!

Will check it out

Thanks BiggsSolar

by time you straped a panel up looks like you could pass one up anyway !!!

You may be right, but just passing one up doesn't seem the right way.

At the moment we use ropes and hooks and it doesn't seem very professional. It's also a two man job. If this system works then we'd definitely give it a go.

I'd just want to see one in action before I invested.

We have a Geda lift and we have used it for domestic and commercial jobs.To be honest it isn't really worthwhile on domestics because you have to transport it and it isn't small and then you have to set it up. By the time you have done all that you can carry all the panels you are likely to need. It does come into it's own on commercial, we are doing a job with 873 panels and it just can't be done manually

It takes 2 people about 30-40 mins to set up and about 20 mins to dismantle plus loading/unloading and the room it takes on the van

My Point exactly for domestics but try doing that with 870 panels on a commercial roof and your upper body strength will do you no good

We just send ours to go and get a box of milli-amps ...

Yeah, it doesn't take long to get the panels up. However, we find that bringing one panel up at a time is the only practical way of doing things. This can be a bit of a ball ache. Also, on windy days I'm really not sure that it's safe to do it without at the very least a bag of some kind.

There are some domestic installs where we could have really done with one - recently we undertook an install where the top row of panels was at the top end of a very deep roof. We had to climb past velux windows on rosemary tiles on a 43 degree incline. This was incredibly difficult when we were carrying panels. Maybe the Solarlift would have helped.

Reply to GEDA Solarlift in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net