Discuss General Electric MCB - sensitivity? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Dooby

Bit stuck - anyone got more experience with boards like this?

Mate's ring main hasn't worked for ages - slow trip (like any time between 5 and 15 minutes) on the MCB (alone) with any load on it. Colleague reckons MCB is over sensitive and replace it to see.

Been checking out replacements that might fit this style, looks like it may be quite a faff - before I try it, is that a likely situation? All socket connections and cable seem sound so far. Or is there a more likely explanation?

CheersGeneral Electric MCB - sensitivity? 67358_10200327135277670_1998823371_n - EletriciansForums.net

Why not just swap with the MCB beside it and see if the problem moves with the MCB or not.

If I were you I'd swap the Kitchen socket circuit into faulty trip and vice versa just to prove your theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh FFS why am I such a moron. Only just back from work and just had a minute to think about it right now. So tired. THANKS! Will report back....

I can't bear to look at just how many of you figured this at exactly the same time whilst I got stuck at the 'archaic MCB' part

If you have no joy, when I get home from work tomorrow,I will have a look at some I have in my shed,I will tell you what other makes will match

If you have no joy, when I get home from work tomorrow,I will have a look at some I have in my shed,I will tell you what other makes will match
Don't worry about it for now, won't have time to go round and try a switch about and bit of testing till weekend at earliest, but thanks ever so much for the offer, will let you know :smile5:

Reply to General Electric MCB - sensitivity? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock