• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss General RCBO installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Crumps

-
Reaction score
Hi all

I work on site as a contractor and my colleague was talking to one of the in house electricians on site. He does some work of site for somebody else and the conversation turned to RCBO installation briefly. My colleague stated he was installation last week and this in house electrician stated that they are easier than normal circuit breakers as you just put the cable anywhere on the neutral bar, doesn't matter about order.

Now to me this doesn't seem very professional. You should still install them in order as they go along, ie breaker 1 in neutral 1 for at least 2 main reasons.
1. Because you can make it look neater and more professional
2. When you come to have to do something in the board it makes it a lot easier to locate which cable goes to which breaker and do the job quicker and easier.

Just wondering how many people think this way as well?

The neutral & earth bars have termination numbers which correspond to their respective circuits, therefore, it is imperative that they actually do correspond with each other

He was probably alluding to the fact that there is one neutral bar and one earth bar so not needing to make sure it’s one neutral bar or the other.
I can’t see any willing spark putting them in haphazardly. They would follow numerics for neatness and ease of location.

Thanks, my first thought was that he was wrong. I believe he was just talking about single and not a split unit.

I personally, not even talking about the regs, would put them in order just to make it neater and easier for the next person who might need to do some work on the board.

And he isn't my mate. :)

I recently took apart a little 3036 board and the original sparks had put all Ns in one terminal and all CPCs in one terminal , actually looked quite nifty

I recently took apart a little 3036 board and the original sparks had put all Ns in one terminal and all CPCs in one terminal , actually looked quite nifty
Talking of earth terminals.....
This boiler control box earthing looks really nifty:)

General RCBO installation IMG_0832.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to General RCBO installation in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back