Discuss generation meter installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rainman177

hi, at the risk of sounding incredibly green i have my first pv install tomorrow and noticed when loading the van that the generation meter has one input a line nuetral earth connection but only one input. i have two strings to connect. will i be okay connecting both unequal strings to one input or do i require two generation meters. please help

Last edited by a moderator:
yes ive done a course. there are four panels with mini- invertors to an ac isolator and 8 panels to dc isolator the invertor then ac isolator. my wiring diagram has taken me from these two steps to a single generation meter with one input. my question is do i require two meters?

any other options?
not enough room according to site survey cu in a kitchen cupboard very limited space not seen the incoming meter yet. will know more when i get there. if i install both outputs from both unequal strings to one input on meter i will damage the lower rated string and mini invertors....correct?

i have all the quals neccessary and training. a simple problem hoping to get advice from people higher in the pecking order than me like i said my first job tomorrow and it has been one thing wrong then the next. am i to go into work tomorrow to tell the boss i cant do the job because wrong equipment has been supplied i would much rather have a soloution than a problem.

there has to be a way of solving this problem a 2-1 way junction box with protective diodes perhaps surely someone has come across it before. i havent designed the system just been told to build it. and the schematics wrong

any other options?
not enough room according to site survey cu in a kitchen cupboard very limited space not seen the incoming meter yet. will know more when i get there. if i install both outputs from both unequal strings to one input on meter i will damage the lower rated string and mini invertors....correct?

Not on the AC side
Make sure that the PV is off the shared RCD on fuse board

- - - Updated - - -

Best option and only option would be new 2 way board, neat and simple

well if theres a cheap and cheerful trophy out there for plank of the evening it goes to me. post inverter its 240ac on both anyways already been rectified. thanks for all your constructive help. especially the dude that thought he could god bless. good night reminds me of the time i couldnt spell art

thanks jason your about the only, in fact the only help ive had tonight everyone else has been out to linch me genuine mistake and a rookie one because i am a rookie and cant wait till im in your position helping someone to their feet thx

I have the same design and i installed a new c/u dedicated for solar
is that circuit protected by RCD if not suppose you could parallel two cables together making sure thay are same csa

why do you say only option is a 2 way cu jason, surely you could use a spare way on existing cu as long as it was on an rcd????

how about combining your 2 AC strings into an AC isolator? 2cables into a terminal, one out. go for an oversized isolator, say a 64amp.

Reply to generation meter installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net