Discuss Generator inlet conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What kind of wire conduit would you use with a generator inlet? Specifically the reliance controls pb30? Im trying to run it from an inlet port to an outlet port. The four wire Romex or whatever is litterally connected to a 240v l14-30 outlet inside my apartment. So I wanted to put that box on the wall behind my generator and then run metal wire conduit to the wire outside my apartment and just wire it in. (It's a totally isolated circuit btw) so I guess could someone show me what wire conduit to use? Like what will work with the punch out?
[automerge]1585427943[/automerge]

What kind of wire conduit would you use with a generator inlet? Specifically the reliance controls pb30? Im trying to run it from an inlet port to an outlet port. The four wire Romex or whatever is litterally connected to a 240v l14-30 outlet inside my apartment. So I wanted to put that box on the wall behind my generator and then run metal wire conduit to the wire outside my apartment and just wire it in. (It's a totally isolated circuit btw) so I guess could someone show me what wire conduit to use? Like what will work with the punch out?
[automerge]1585427943[/automerge]
Jatmn you wound be better off to put it in PVC conduit 3/4 and flex it in to the generator. You could go to Home Depot and buy 8/3 with ground romex and it’s approved for out door use and direct burial

Reply to Generator inlet conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I have 50 ft of corrugated pipe buried between my house and a pool shed. I placed it where I knew future landscaping would make it very...
Replies
Views
Before I pay an electrician to come check my work, I thought it worth a post here. I don't want to pay the cost of a small car for a whole-house...
Replies
Views
I have a professionally installed Generator Interlock on my 200amp load center in my 1-family residence here in the US. I have 10 gauge wire from...
Replies
Views
I want to power some load in my house (refrigerator, freezer, a few fans, and lights) with my generator. It is large enough for the loads I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just joined this forum as I was embarking on few projects at home, and loved what I saw in the different threads! I am in the process...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock