Discuss Generator set with ATS and UPS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spidersparks

Hi guys, been wiring up a 3ph 20kva generator set and auto transfer switch, mains supply is 3ph TN-C-S 80a cut outs, the set is a Perkins with deep sea electronics 6120 controller. The set runs ok until I turn on the circuit (ring final) that has the ups's in the server room on, the load is 13-14a in total over all three phases which is nothing for this set, then the controller says over voltage and shuts the set off the circuit tested out text book so no problems with that, has any one had this problem or knows anything that might be my problem
Many thanks
David

Is the voltage actually rising when the UPSs are connected? What other load was connected at the time? If they are presenting a heavy leading pf to an otherwise unloaded genny, they could be defeating the AVR because leading pf load is self exciting.

Reply to Generator set with ATS and UPS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello guys, I live in Europe (240v) and I've recently purchased a Line Interactive AVR 1000VA 600W UPS with in order to protect my new PS5 gaming...
Replies
Views
Here is my dilemma. Picture this arrangement: a system with a 100A three-phase supply will have a RCD incomer (and possible some generator...
Replies
Views
Help requested with 11kV, 3MW generator. Our generator has just returned from a major overhaul, and we are in the process of recommissioning the...
Replies
Views
Someone asked about abbreviations used here. So I tried to copy a list I made elsewhere: A/C Air Conditioning AC Alternating Current ACB...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am off grid, UK. There is no grid tie or connection and there is currently no potential for connection. Background: I use a Honda EU10i for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock