Discuss Generators in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

electrosistemas

Any body with knowlege onSDMO 400 KW gen sets wanting to talk abou it?
I am having a litle problem with the speed acquisition device into one of these!

The engine will not show on Telys controller the rpm. Consequently will stop riuning. Just tryed to reload the software from USB stick but it will not go due to missing Esc button on Telys. Will have to use lap top, cable and apropriate software.
Many thanks

Without pointing out the obvious have you checked the mag pick up? its in the flywheel housing between the engine and the alternator, unscrew it and count how many turns you remove it clean it (normally the best thing is on a car tyre!) then re install. if you loose count wind it all the way in until it hits the fly wheel then un wind three quarters of a turn.

Thank you borg247. We had it out allready. It is a magnetic device that probably will see magnetic and non magnetic material on the flywhell and generate a certain wave form on it's coil. it is just attached to the housing you say with 2 M5 halen screws. It's signal is directed to a CAN BUS sytem that interacts with the Telys controller software. This pickup does not have any erosion or dirt. I think we must try the software again. Regards

Before you cause some expensive damage get the manufacturers involved. If they damage the machine then it’s down to them.

You clearly don’t know what you’re doing.

Hi,

Isn't that how us old sparks gain experience? I always found the best way to learn was to find the fault and sort it, invaluable,
I do see where you are coming from though,

Regards.

Reply to Generators in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock