Discuss Geo Solar Chorus Snag - Incompatible with new Import/Export Meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

macca499

Hi All,

We fitted a system a few months back using a PowerOne Aurora with a Geo Solar Chorus Monitor to enable the customer to view import, export & generation. The DNO came out to change his existing meter last week to an import/export meter and since then the Geo seems to be adding the import and export together giving a totally inaccurate reflection of what is going on. It seems the problem is that the DNO has installed a meter which has one led which pulses both for import and for export. I am trying to find a way around this to enable the Geo to differientiate between the two and wondered if anyone has encountered and overcome this problem before?

The Geo has 3 sensors, a stick on pulse sensor for the pulse output on the generation meter, a stick on pulse sensor for the pulse output on the DNO meter, and a CT sensor to clamp around the live into the DNO meter.

I am thinking the solution would be maybe to install an additional import/export with 2 led pulse outputs, one for import and one for export after the DNO meter but have struggled to find anything which fits the bil.

Any suggestions welcome

Many thanks,

Macca

Can you not just fit a "secondary" standard 1ph kWh meter on the property side of the new DNO import/export meter, and then use the flashing LED on that meter for the GEO's "import" reading?

If you were willing to take apart the GEO optical sensor head then you could probably hard wire it to a set of pulsed output (S0) terminals under the meter - if they exist, and if they are separate pairs of terminals for import and export....

Thanks Sibert, I think I was over-complicating matters and am heading out tomorrow armed with a standard Eslter import meter which I will fit after the DNO meter, my understanding is that the meter will pulse on import and then show a solid red light on export, hopefully this will fix the problem.

Many thanks,

Macca

Reply to Geo Solar Chorus Snag - Incompatible with new Import/Export Meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net